Wednesday 10 September 2008

Dissertation submitted: It's all over!

Well everyone, it's all over! The dissertation is bound and delivered! That is it! I have to say it was a bit of a pressure cooker in the end. It is true what they say... the darkest hour is just before dawn and in the last week I have often wondered if I was going to make it through, but again God came in right on time and took over my thought to get a paper worthy of a good mark done. So I handed it in and then the reality of this whole thing has just hit home....it's really over...punto finale....period.... finished, done. Now I have to wait for results in November. But I am happy to go home to my family. I guess it will take some adjustment to life back in Jamaica.
Handing it in!

Bound, seal delivered...Behold, the 'Strength of 'one'!

On another note, doesn't it always amaze you how you are able to accumulate things in small spaces? Now that I am packing to vacate the rabbit hutch I cannot believe all the things that I have found myself with...books, papers, even dried flowers... remember my valentine roses? Well have to rationalise what to take, what to give away and what to throw out. So it is off to London to sort myslf for the journey home... see some of you soon and bye bye to the others!


2 comments:

Anneke said...

Congrats Carla-Anne!! I can see the sleepless nights in your eyes. It is well worth it I am sure. Hurry home.

Nicola said...

There's nothing like that rush of post-dissertation binding freedom that you get. :) All the pressure, all the tears and tantrums, it's all gone, you can't make any changes to the dissertation and it's OVER. I'll never forget that feeling. :)